Sustainable food systems: does the EU ‘farm to fork’ strategy have all the answers?
6th February 2020
‘Join this EURACTIV debate to discuss an effective transition towards more resilient and sustainable food systems in line with the SDGs and what the future links will be between food, people and the planet. Panel 1 will address the production side; panel 2 will address the consumption side. Questions will include:
– How can cooperation between farmers and the food and drink industry help create more sustainable food systems? And how can the industry encourage and support more sustainable farming with a focus on climate change?
– What role for sustainable global sourcing, including the responsible and efficient use of raw materials and a circular economy?
– How can business generate inclusive and sustainable growth and support more sustainable trade?
– Which R&I pathways can support the transition towards sustainable food systems?
– How best to support healthier and more sustainable diets and lifestyles?
– How can the Commission’s ‘European Green Deal’ and the ‘Farm to Fork’ strategy help a faster transition towards sustainable food systems?’