IPIFF – the International Platform of Insects for Food and Feed – the umbrella organisation of the European insect producing sector, hosted an International Workshop entitled ‘Circular Agriculture – the Role of Insect Farming in Connecting Local Supply Chains’ on the 19th of November.
- IPIFF published a Press Release on this subject, available through this link.
- The recording of this Workshop will be available on the IPIFF YouTube channel during the week succeeding the event.
Organised online, this conference focused on the contribution of the European insect sector to the objectives of the ‘Farm to Fork‘ Strategy. Notably, stakeholders active in different links throughout the insect production value chains, together with members of the civil society and representatives of the European institutions, engaged in a constructive dialogue on the contribution of insect farming to improving sustainability in the agri-food sectors. Among others, the speakers focused their intervention on key societal challenges, such as the need to improve circularity in food production, the potential to upcycle underutilised streams into higher-value protein rich-materials, but also the synergies between insect farming and organic agriculture.
IPIFF is proud to announce that this International Workshop is a #EUGreenWeek partner event.
Follow the hashtags #EUGreenWeek & #GreenWeek for more information regarding this initiative.
- The European insect sector reaffirms its commitment to supporting the EU sustainability agenda 20th November 2020
- IPIFF IS HIRING 20th October 2020
- The European insect sector welcomes the CJEU ruling and looks ahead to the novel food authorisations 14th October 2020