European Commission delegation visits one IPIFF member production facilities: Micronutris
On Thursday 9 February, two officials from the DG SANTE’s services (European Commission) visited Micronutris’ production facilities. Micronutris is an IPIFF company member located in South West France, active in the breeding and processing of insects for food consumption. This visit - organized under the auspices of the IPIFF association - offered Micronutris the opportunity to showcase innovative production techniques in the area of insects’ rearing and to demonstrate full compliance to quality and safety standards whilst outlining the commercial opportunities for this sector. For more information, read our February Newsletter.
European insect producers highlights a major decision allowing wider use of insect proteins for animal feed.
On Tuesday 13 December 2016, the EU Member States representatives endorsed a European Commission proposal which was discussed today in a meeting of the EU Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed (SCoPAFF). The text is expected to be formally adopted during the spring 2017, which means that insect proteins should be effectively authorized for use in fish feed as from 1st July 2017.
High-level meeting between the EU Commission Director General & IPIFF delegation: Visit to Protix
On Friday 30 September, the Director General for Health & Food Safety (European Commission) Mr X. Prats Monné visited Protix Biosystems' production facilities – i.e. an IPIFF's member. In the margins of the visit, a high-level meeting was also organized with an IPIFF delegation (i.e. the IPIFF Vice President & Secretariat were present).
From left to right - Mr. Trunk & Ms. Carouée (European Commission), Mr. Prats Monné (European Commission Director General for Health & Food Safety); Mr. Arsiwalla, (Founder of Protix & IPIFF Vice-President); Mr. Derrien (IPIFF Secretary General).
Events & Meetings
Timetable for forthcoming events and/or meetings
- 6 March : Participation in the EFSA technical meeting on ‘novel food applications’
- 14 & 15 of March : 2nd meeting of the IPIFF Task on ‘novel food’ & IPIFF Plenary General assembly meeting
- 21 November: International Conference 'Insects for food & feed: Opportunities for tackling societal challenges'
- IPIFF Save the Date | March 2017
- IPIFF Press Release | March 2017
- IPIFF Newletter | February 2017
- IPIFF Press Release | December 2016
- IPIFF Press Release | November 2016
- IPIFF Newsletter | October 2016
- IPIFF Press Release | September 2016